Renowned for its versatility, reliability and value, the V-Strom 650 has attracted many riders who use it for touring, commuting, or a fun ride when the spirit moves them. It is a touchstone motorcycle balanced with a natural riding position, comfortable seat and a flexible engine character that produces stress-free riding during brief daily use or a high-mile adventure. The new 2017 V-Strom 650 now mimics the looks of the V-Strom 1000, unifying the V-Strom family. This new V-Strom has increased engine performance and great fuel economy while achieving world-wide emission standards. A number of other updates, including weight savings and a thinner chassis, has resulted in a V-Strom that is more versatile, more controllable, and more accessible to elevate its total performance so it’s simply “More V-Strom”. And that’s what a rider wants; more of a good ride.
- Updated, 645cc, 90-degree V-Twin engine features a boost in torque in the low to mid-RPM range, but retains a strong rush of high RPM power that’s ideal for any riding mission.
- Using 2017 SV650 engineering, the V-Strom’s DOHC, liquid-cooled engine has new camshafts to deliver clean, strong power at any RPM.
- New, low-friction resin-coated pistons and SCEM-coated cylinders help delivers high mileage for class-leading touring range.
- A new, sleek two-into-one exhaust system routes below the chassis to reduce weight, centralize mass, and provide space for a narrow tail section (and optional luggage).
- The fuel injection system employs Suzuki’s innovative, SDTV (Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve) on new 39mm throttle bodies. The secondary throttle valves are controlled by a servo motor for smooth power delivery.
- New, ten-hole; long-nose type fuel injectors on each throttle body improves fuel atomization for better combustion efficiency and while reducing fuel consumption.
- Suzuki’s patented, Throttle-body Integrated Idle Speed Control (TI-ISC) stabilizes the engine idle speed and helps lower emissions. The system is compact and lightweight
- The TI-ISC on the V-Strom 650 ABS has Suzuki’s Low RPM Assist feature that seamlessly adjusts engine speed during take-off and low-speed riding to smooth the power delivery and to help reduce the possibility of the rider stalling the motorcycle.
- The engine has dual spark technology heads with two, high-energy, slim electrode spark plugs per cylinder, aid in combustion efficiency and power production.
- The exhaust system has twin catalyzers and employs O2 feedback to the EFI system to produce optimum combustion efficiency and reduce emissions to an incredibly low level.
- The Engine Control Module (ECM) provides state-of-the-art engine management and has enhanced settings to suit the intake and exhaust systems, resulting in better fuel economy and linear throttle response.
- The new multi-function instrument panel is similar in appearance to the V-Strom 1000 panel, but has functions unique to the V-Strom 650.
- Strong three-phase charging system supplies the 10Ah maintenance-free battery for easy starting and additional accessory power. A dedicated accessory fuse is located under the seat.
Traction Control System
- New to the V-Strom 650 is Suzuki’s advanced Traction Control System* which lets the rider control the throttle with more confidence in various riding conditions. It continuously monitors front and rear wheel speeds, throttle opening, engine speed, and the selected transmission gear to adjust engine output if wheel spin is detected.
- There are three traction control modes (1, 2, and OFF) and the difference between the modes are their sensitivity to road conditions. Mode 1 is lowest sensitivity level most suitable for skilled riders or in conditions that have good road surface grip (riding on good, smooth roads). Mode 2 is highest sensitivity level suitable for road conditions where the grip may be limited (wet or cold surfaces). OFF disengages all traction control features.
- The Traction Control System is not a substitute for the rider’s throttle control. It cannot prevent loss of traction due to excessive speed when the rider enters a turn and/or applies the brakes. Neither can it prevent the front wheel from losing grip.
- The V-Strom now features the Suzuki Easy Start system which lets the rider start the motorcycle with a momentary press of the start switch without pulling in the clutch lever when the transmission is in neutral.
- The compact radiator is flanked by new-style, wind directing plates that enhance cooling efficiency and direct heat out of the side vents away from the rider’s legs.
- New beak-style fairing, with vertically stacked headlights and new mounting structure helps the V-Strom 650 cut through the wind, protecting the rider in style.
- The new 3-way height-adjustable windscreen was wind-tunnel tested to reduce wind sounds, buffeting and rider fatigue.
- The new fuel tank maintains its 5.3 gallon capacity, but is shaped to be thin at the rear to flow into the slimmer seat which aids the rider in touching the ground at stops.
- The new, spacious two-up seat combines smooth and slip-resistant surfaces, plus an embossed V-Strom logo.
- Lightweight, rigid twin-spar aluminum frame and swingarm contribute to smooth handling performance and excellent stability.
- Even with the new features and engineering, the 2017 V-Strom 650’s weight was reduced 2.2 pounds as compared to the prior model.
- The 6-speed transmission suits sporty rides with tight 1st through 5th gear ratios and a tall top gear (6th gear) for highway cruising.
- Low-maintenance, long-life sealed O-ring drive chain is standard.
- Spring-preload-adjustable 43mm front forks and link-type rear suspension with rebound damping adjustment and hand-operated spring preload adjuster.
Wheels and Tires
- New, lighter ten-spoke cast wheels are shod with Adventure-spec Bridgestone BATTLAX 19-inch front and 17-inch rear tubeless radial tires for good all-around performance.
- Front dual 310mm-disc brakes and a rear 260mm-disc brake deliver controlled stopping power.
- Compact Antilock Brake System (ABS)** system monitors wheel speed to match braking to available traction.
- New lightweight resin luggage rack incorporates easy-to-grasp grab bars and aligns with the passenger section of the seat offering a larger surface for carrying cargo or luggage.
- The instrument includes an analog tachometer and brightness-adjustable LCD speedometer and control panel.
- LCD readouts include odometer, dual trip meter, traction control modes, gear position, coolant and ambient temperature, fuel consumption, fuel gauge and clock. Switching between readings can be done with the left handlebar switch.
- LED indicators include ABS and Traction Control alerts, plus a freeze warning icon. This alert, together with the air temperature display, warns of possible icy road conditions.
- The new, stacked, 65/55W halogen headlamps illuminate the road when your ride stretches into night.
- The new LED tail and brake light is bright and vibration resistant. The turn signals use bright amber incandescent bulbs with clear lenses.
All inventory listed is subject to availability and prior sale. Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) if shown for a vehicle excludes set-up, freight, taxes, title, licensing or other dealer charges, and is subject to change. Individual prices may vary. Please request a quote for specific pricing.
Site Currently Offline...
This site is currently offline, please contact the site's administrator.