As much as a GSX-R1000 owns the racetrack, the GSX-S1000 ABS owns the street. Developed using the attributes of the championship winning 2005 – 2008 generation GSX-R1000, this sportbike carries the spirit of the Suzuki performance to the street, with shared technology and components packaged into a chassis designed specifically for all-day riding comfort.
It’s more than just an attitude, a spirit, or a lineage though; it’s about performance-packed hard parts evolving from one generation to the next. The GSX-S1000 ABS is powered by a 999cc inline four-cylinder powerplant that’s based on the legendary long-stroke GSX-R1000 engine, which makes for ideal street-riding power and torque curve. Focused on making big power through the low and mid-range, this engine uses a valve-train that’s optimized to deliver street-dominating power.
Equipped with a powerful engine, Suzuki’s Advanced Traction Control System**, a balanced KYB suspension, plus ABS-equipped* Brembo and NISSIN brakes, the GSX-S1000 ABS is a street bike packed with some serious performance. Top that performance off with wild, rugged, and aggressive styling, and you have a naked roadster ready to attack and turn heads on the street. With the GSX-S1000 ABS, Suzuki changes motorcycling for the better, again.
- The strong, four-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, 999cc inline-four engine is designed to provide smooth throttle response and controlled acceleration.
- Long-stroke GSX-R engine design has broad low-to-mid range power and torque that is ideal for street riding.
- The profiles of the dual, overhead camshafts were designed to enhance street performance while preserving peak, racetrack-capable power.
- Aluminum pistons, engineered with use of FEM (Finite Element Method) analysis, are cast with optimal rigidity and weight.
- Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material (SCEM)-plated cylinders integrated into the upper crankcase reduce friction and improve heat transfer and durability.
- Long tip, 10-hole fuel injectors on each 44mm throttle body improves fuel atomization while the automatic Idle Speed Control (ISC) improves cold starting and stabilizes the engine idle.
- The digital ignition fires iridium type spark plugs that increase spark strength and combustion efficiency, contributing to higher power, more linear throttle response, easier engine start-up, and a more stable idle. These quality components also last longer than conventional spark plugs.
- The EFI system uses Suzuki’s proprietary, SDTV (Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve) throttle bodies where the secondary throttle valves are controlled by a servo motor for smooth power delivery.
- The GSX-S1000 premiered Suzuki’s Easy-start System that requires just a simple touch of the starter button to fire up the engine (without pulling the clutch lever if the transmission is in neutral).
- Angular radiator shrouds efficiently guide cooling air to the high-capacity curved radiator. Additional heat is removed from the engine via the use of a lightweight and compact liquid-cooled oil cooler (like those used on the GSX-R models).
- Lightweight and compact chassis is engineered to be agile and fun-to-ride for a wide range of riders. This ability starts with the low-mass rigid aluminum main frame coupled with the strong aluminum-alloy swingarm.
- The new 43mm inverted KYB forks have adjustable compression and rebound damping, and spring pre-load with a generous 120mm (4.7 in) of front wheel travel.
- Link-type rear suspension, with arched aluminum swingarm and a single shock absorber that features spring preload that is 7-way adjustable with rebound damping force adjustment.
- Matte black aluminum Renthal Fatbar handlebar is standard equipment offering excellent riding ergonomics with great vibration damping.
- A variety of Genuine Suzuki Accessories such as a solo seat cowl and sport screen are available, plus a large selection of logo apparel.
- Twin-spar aluminum frame and adjustable KYB suspension delivers controlled handling.
- Dual front brakes with fully-floating 310mm discs and BREMBO monobloc calipers with four 32mm opposed pistons provide strong and consistent stopping power.
- The front brakes are complemented by a 240mm rear disc brake with a NISSIN single-piston caliper to help make sure you can have controlled stops.
- Both the front and rear brakes can be modulated by a compact Anti-lock Brake System (ABS)* controller to match stopping force to the available traction.
- The stainless-steel, 4-2-1 exhaust system helps the engine deliver a strong low-to-mid range punch with an exciting rush to redline.
- The sculpted muffler has a pleasing appearance that’s not common to under-chassis exhausts while creating an exciting, distinctive sound.
- The race-proven six-speed close-ratio transmission features vertically staggered shafts to reduce overall engine length.
- Large diameter, wet multi-plate clutch is derived from a GSX-R1000 design to easily transmit power while the rack and pinion clutch release provides the rider with superb friction-point feel.
- The refined shift linkage helps the rider easily and quickly select the best gear for the riding conditions.
- The strong, RK-supplied drive chain uses O-rings to preserve internal lubrication so power is transmitted smoothly and quietly.
- Unique to the GSX-S1000 models, the TRP 6-spoke lightweight cast aluminum wheels are equipped with Dunlop radial tires (120/70ZR17 front and 180/50ZR17 rear).
- Distinctively shaped headlight nacelle contains a bright 60/55W H4 halogen bulb. The tail section houses an integrated LED taillight with clear lens.
- The lightweight and compact instrument sets uses a LCD display that includes speedometer, tachometer, odometer, dual tripmeters, gear position, coolant temperatures, driving range, average fuel consumption, instantaneous fuel consumption, traction control, and a clock functions.
- The display has an adjustable intensity, white-color backlight for great nighttime visibility and is flanked by LED indicators for the turn signals, high beam, malfunction, traction control, ABS, plus coolant temperature and oil pressure alerts.
Traction Control System
- Suzuki’s advanced traction control system* lets the rider to control the throttle with more confidence in various riding conditions. As a result, the rider can enjoy sport riding with less anxiety. There are four traction control modes (1, 2, 3, and OFF) that the rider can easily adjust at rest or on-the-fly via a handlebar-mounted control. The difference between the modes are their sensitivity to road conditions.
- Mode 1 1 is lowest sensitivity level most suitable for skilled riders or in conditions that have good road surface grip (sport riding on good, smooth roads).
- Mode 2 is a moderate sensitivity level that is suitable for most riders or in conditions that have varied road surface grip (city riding, regular road conditions).
- Mode 3 is highest sensitivity level suitable for road conditions where the grip may be limited (wet or cold surfaces).
- OFF disengages all traction control features.
All inventory listed is subject to availability and prior sale. Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) if shown for a vehicle excludes set-up, freight, taxes, title, licensing or other dealer charges, and is subject to change. Individual prices may vary. Please request a quote for specific pricing.
Site Currently Offline...
This site is currently offline, please contact the site's administrator.