As much as a GSX-R1000 owns the racetrack, the GSX-S1000F ABS owns the road. Developed using the attributes of the championship winning 2005 – 2008 generation GSX-R1000, this touring-ready sportbike carries the spirit of the Suzuki performance to the street, with shared technology and components packaged into a chassis designed specifically for all-day riding comfort.
It’s more than just an attitude, a spirit, or a lineage though; it’s about performance-packed hard parts evolving from one generation to the next. The GSX-S1000F ABS is powered by a 999cc inline four-cylinder powerplant that’s based on the legendary long-stroke GSX-R1000 engine, which makes for ideal street-riding power and torque curve. Focused on making big power through the low and mid-range, this engine uses a valve-train that’s optimized to deliver street-dominating power.
Equipped with a powerful engine, Suzuki’s Advanced Traction Control System**, a balanced KYB suspension, plus ABS-equipped* Brembo and NISSIN brakes, the GSX-S1000F ABS is a street bike packed with some serious performance. Top that performance off with wild, rugged, and aggressive styling, a wind-cheating fairing and screen, and you have a touring-ready sportbike ready for the open road or corner carving.
With the GSX-S1000F ABS, Suzuki changes motorcycling for the better, again.
- The strong, four-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, 999cc inline-four engine is designed to provide smooth throttle response and controlled acceleration.
- Long-stroke GSX-R engine design has broad low-to-mid range power and torque that is ideal for street riding.
- The profiles of the dual, overhead camshafts were designed to enhance street performance while preserving peak, racetrack-capable power.
- Aluminum pistons, engineered with use of FEM (Finite Element Method) analysis, are cast with optimal rigidity and weight.
- Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material (SCEM)-plated cylinders integrated into the upper crankcase reduce friction and improve heat transfer and durability.
- Long tip, 10-hole fuel injectors on each 44mm throttle body improves fuel atomization while the automatic Idle Speed Control (ISC) improves cold starting and stabilizes the engine idle.
- The digital ignition fires iridium type spark plugs that increase spark strength and combustion efficiency, contributing to higher power, more linear throttle response, easier engine start-up, and a more stable idle. These quality components also last longer than conventional spark plugs.
- The EFI system uses Suzuki’s proprietary, SDTV (Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve) throttle bodies where the secondary throttle valves are controlled by a servo motor for smooth power delivery.
- The GSX-S1000F ABS premiered Suzuki’s Easy-start System that requires just a simple touch of the starter button to fire up the engine (without pulling the clutch lever if the transmission is in neutral).
- The stainless-steel, 4-2-1 exhaust system helps the engine deliver a strong low-to-mid range punch with an exciting rush to redline.
- The Suzuki Exhaust Tuning (SET) system-equipped mid-muffler design enhances style and aids in mass centralization for great chassis balance.
- The sculpted muffler has a pleasing appearance that’s not common to under-chassis exhausts while creating an exciting, distinctive sound.
- The sides of the fairing efficiently guide cooling air to the high-capacity curved radiator. Additional heat is removed from the engine via the use of a lightweight and compact liquid-cooled oil cooler (like those used on the GSX-R models).
- Styled to complement the rest of the chassis and to house a bright dual headlight, the GSX-S1000F ABS’s full fairing slices through the wind while so the rider benefits from the upright, sporty ergonomics.
- Lightweight and compact chassis is engineered to be agile and fun-to-ride for a wide range of riders. This ability starts with the low-mass rigid aluminum main frame coupled with the strong aluminum-alloy swingarm.
- The new 43mm inverted KYB forks have adjustable compression and rebound damping, and spring pre-load with a generous 120mm (4.7 in) of front wheel travel.
- Link-type rear suspension, with arched aluminum swingarm and a single shock absorber that features spring preload that is 7-way adjustable with rebound damping force adjustment.
- The reasonable sport riding position is created by a carefully crafted relationship between the Renthall FatBar, footrests and seat.
- The race-proven six-speed close-ratio transmission features vertically staggered shafts to reduce overall engine length.
- Large diameter, wet multi-plate clutch is derived from a GSX-R1000 design to easily transmit power while the rack and pinion clutch release provides the rider with superb friction-point feel.
- The refined shift linkage helps the rider easily and quickly select the best gear for the riding conditions.
- The strong, RK-supplied drive chain uses O-rings to preserve internal lubrication so power is transmitted smoothly and quietly.
- Dual front brakes with fully-floating 310mm discs and BREMBO monobloc calipers with four 32mm opposed pistons provide strong and consistent stopping power.
- The front brakes are complemented by a 240mm rear disc brake with a NISSIN single-piston caliper to help make sure you can have controlled stops.
- Both the front and rear brakes can be modulated by a compact Anti-lock Brake System* (ABS) controller to match stopping force to the available traction.
Wheels and Tires
- Unique to the GSX-S1000 models, the TRP 6-spoke lightweight cast aluminum wheels are shod with Dunlop radial tires (120/70ZR17 front and 180/50ZR17 rear).
- The dual headlight assembly in the full fairing use a pair of 55W H7 halogen bulbs – one for the low beam, while both illuminate for the high beam. The tail section houses an integrated LED taillight with clear lens.
- The lightweight and compact instrument sets uses a LCD display that includes speedometer, tachometer, odometer, dual tripmeters, gear position, coolant temperatures, driving range, average fuel consumption, instantaneous fuel consumption, traction control, and a clock functions.
- The display has an adjustable intensity, white-color backlight for great nighttime visibility and is flanked by LED indicators for the turn signals, high beam, malfunction, traction control, ABS, plus coolant temperature and oil pressure alerts.
All inventory listed is subject to availability and prior sale. Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) if shown for a vehicle excludes set-up, freight, taxes, title, licensing or other dealer charges, and is subject to change. Individual prices may vary. Please request a quote for specific pricing.
Site Currently Offline...
This site is currently offline, please contact the site's administrator.