Introducing the new GSX250R - a fully faired street machine that brings the excitement and riding satisfaction of Suzuki’s Katana sport bike heritage to a broader audience. Built to deliver the Katana’s unique spirit to a new generation of riders, this sportbike has smart performance, engaging styling, and comfort features that will appeal to a broad base of enthusiasts.
This approachable street-sport bike features a proven, twin-cylinder, fuel-injected engine wrapped in stylish full-fairing bodywork. With responsive yet easy-to-control performance, exceptional fuel efficiency, nimble handling, and a comfortable riding position, the GSX250R is equally at home on the daily commute as it is on extended outings.
A low seat height, slim fuel tank and overall light weight makes the new GSX250R an exciting and unintimidating ride. Ten-spoke aluminum wheels and tuned KYB suspension keep the bike nimble and responsive for city streets as well as open roads. With a four-gallon fuel tank and highly efficient powerplant, the GSX250R has a riding range of well over 250 miles.
This new model adds to Suzuki’s unrivaled selection of small displacement motorcycles created specifically to appeal to a variety of riders. From the terrific new VanVan 200, the sporty-standard GW250, the classic looking TU250X, and now the GSX250R, Suzuki provides an assortment of sensible, accessible models to choose from.
- New fully-faired, quarter-liter sportbike with aggressive, flowing styling true to the Suzuki Katana heritage
- Fuel-injected twin-cylinder engine delivers a responsive, broad power band with class-leading fuel economy of approximately 76 MPG.
- The GSX250R features a reverse-lit LCD instrument panel, a bright halogen headlight, plus distinctive position lamps and taillight using new tech, surface-emitting LEDs.
- Comfortable, roomy ergonomics for rider and passenger, with a slim fuel tank that helps the rider easily plant their feet on the ground when stopped.
- New style 10-spoke wheels, petal-type brake rotors, and quality KYB suspension components round out a chassis ready for any riding assignment.
- The 248cc parallel-twin engine that powers the GSX250R has been refined to maximize low- to mid-range torque to deliver a power characteristic that emphasizes ease of control.
- Intelligent engine design and fuel-injection (EFI) tuning yields class-leading fuel economy while satisfying world-wide emission requirements.
- The EFI also stabilizes the engine idle and helps provide nearly linear throttle response for clean, exciting performance.
- The camshaft profile maximizes engine performance when riding at road speeds between 15 to 55 MPH. This helps the GSX250R deliver true, practical performance.
- The valve train employs new, roller type rocker arms for valve actuation to reduce mechanical losses.
- New intake valves have a slimmer stem profile near the head to optimize airflow into the combustion chamber.
- Reshaped, low-tension piston rings are used to reduce friction while a special honing pattern on the cylinder wall increases oil retention for additional friction reduction.
- A coupling-type balancer shaft fitted to the engine’s crankshaft reduces vibration and enhances rider comfort.
- A new type of oil pump is used in the GSX250R to reduce frictional loss while providing excellent engine lubrication.
- Dual head-pipes effectively route the exhaust through a high-flow catalyzer and into a new, stylish solo muffler covered with a buffed stainless-steel shield.
- Designed to get the most out of the engine’s mid-range performance and emit a pleasing sound, the GSX250R new exhaust is lightweight and stylish.
- A six-speed transmission, with gear ratios well mated to the engine output, further improves low- to mid-range power delivery.
- The Katana essence is present in the GSX250R’s full bodywork that features a sporty and aggressive style with a futuristic flair. Select styling cues from historic and current Suzuki sportbikes appeal to both new and experienced riders.
- The fairing routes cooling air to the radiator while moving hot air from the engine away from the rider.
- The front of the motorcycle features unique dual LED position lights, angular fairing-mounted mirrors and an effective sport windshield that incorporates slots to reduce wind buffeting.
- The sharp tail has styling and a LED taillight reminiscent of a GSX-R1000R.
- The stylish and trim fuel tank holds 4.0 US gallons (15.0 L) of gasoline for excellent riding range. With a full tank of gasoline, the Katana 250 has a riding range of approximately 280 miles.
- The comfortable contoured rider’s seat has a low seat height of 31.1 inch (790 mm).
- The separate rear seat is set higher so the passenger has a better view over the rider’s shoulder.
- The semi double-cradle frame provides exceptional support for the GSX250R’s effective running gear and exciting bodywork.
- The well-tuned telescopic front fork soaks up bumps for smooth tracking up front – whether riding irregular city streets or faster open roads.
- Rear suspension action is handled by a mono-shock system that stays hidden from view to augment the bike’s performance style. With seven-way adjustable spring preload, the rear suspension can be tuned for a passenger or cargo.
- The clip-on handlebar’s design and reach were developed to provide a comfortable riding position.
- The 5-way adjustable front brake lever allows the rider to position the lever for comfort and confidence.
- Hydraulic, petal-style disc brakes front and rear provide consistent and controlled braking whether commuting on city streets or roaming the open road.
- New-style, ten-spoke 17-inch aluminum wheels hold road-grabbing IRC tires that provide sporting performance through a variety of road conditions.
- The GSX250R is equipped with a new, reverse-lit multi-function LCD instrumentation panel that displays a variety of information.
- At the top of the display is a bar-graph tachometer and in the center is large digital speedometer with a convenient digital clock and digital gear position indicator.
- Also present in the panel is an odometer, twin trip meter, fuel gauge readouts and a service reminder. A bright, programmable shift light is joined by LED alert indicators for the turn signals, engine functions and high beam.
- The bright halogen headlight is bracketed by a pair of distinctive position lamps using new tech, surface-emitting LEDs.
- The rear taillight also uses surface-emitting LEDs for excellent visibility to traffic.
- The turn signals feature amber incandescent bulbs with clear lenses and are well placed to not interfere with a passenger or luggage.
- New, projected tip style spark plugs speed up the rate of combustion, improving throttle response and fuel economy.
- The GSX250R uses an open type regulator/rectifier to reduce charging system draw that can rob power from the engine. A maintenance-free battery makes sure the motorcycle starts quickly each time.
- 12-month limited warranty with unlimited mileage. Longer coverage periods with other benefits are available through Suzuki Extended Protection (SEP).
- Three dimensional “S” badges on the fairing and upper fork bracket celebrate the Suzuki brand and its heritage of technological and styling excellence.
- A variety of Genuine Suzuki Accessories for GSX250R owners are available including a large selection of Suzuki logo apparel.
All inventory listed is subject to availability and prior sale. Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) if shown for a vehicle excludes set-up, freight, taxes, title, licensing or other dealer charges, and is subject to change. Individual prices may vary. Please request a quote for specific pricing.
Site Currently Offline...
This site is currently offline, please contact the site's administrator.