2017 Honda PIONEER 1000-5 LIMITED EDITION
OUR BEST JUST KEEP GETTING BETTER.
When it comes to finding new, innovative ways to solve problems, Honda has always risen to the challenge. Take our family of Pioneer 1000s. These great side-by-sides got it right the first time in terms of comfort, handling, hauling, and user-friendly features, but we’ve taken the opportunity to make them even better this year. By applying a hefty dose of Honda technology, we’re giving you what we think is the best side-by-side out there—the new Pioneer 1000 Limited Edition. What makes it so special? First, the combination of Honda’s exclusive automatic Dual-Clutch Transmission (DCT), combined with our revolutionary I-4WD technology. Then we’ve added FOX QS-3 shock absorbers, and have enhanced the Pioneer 1000’s comfort and protection features.
But some things haven’t changed. Our Pioneer lineup is available in both three- and five-seat versions. And in addition to their innovative features, nothing can match the build quality you get with a Honda. Or our reputation for quality and reliability—huge assets when the going gets rough.
TOUGH JOB? ROUGH TRAIL? NO PROBLEM.
You can make a strong case for the Pioneer 1000-5 as the most versatile side-by-side at work or on the trails today. Like every Pioneer, it’s designed to offer a blend of comfort and control you won’t find in any other side-by-side. Plus, the 1000-5 features our exclusive QuickFlip® in-bed seating design, so you can go from a 3-seater to a 4-seater to a 5-seater in seconds, without tools.
The Pioneer 1000 and Pioneer 1000 EPS offer the same chassis and engine as our Pioneer 1000-5 models, but with a three-place front bench seat and a conventional tilt bed. Available in three trim levels, updated to be more comfortable for 2017 thanks to improved front seats, and pre-wired to make winch installation easier than ever, when you’re looking for a side-by-side you’ll be driving for years to come, the Honda Pioneer 1000 lineup is what you want.
FACTORY WARRANTY INFORMATION
Power and Performance
- POWERFUL 999CC TWIN-CYLINDER ENGINE Class-leading displacement in a compact engine size. The 999cc liquid-cooled inline twin utilizes the same Unicam® cylinder head design found in our motocross bikes and features electronic fuel injection, so you get reliable power and performance, wherever the adventure takes you.
- FULLY-AUTOMATIC SIX-SPEED DCT TRANSMISSION Drive the way you want, with the industry’s first and only 6-speed Dual Clutch Transmission. Choose between manual mode or fully automatic. Plus, the addition of Sport Mode increases the fun, shifting at higher RPMs for a spirited, full-performance driving experience.
- HIGH/LOW SUBTRANSMISSION With a full 42-percent gear reduction between High and Low, you get the torque you need in all 6 gears. It comes in handy when driving over difficult terrain, scaling steep hills or towing heavy loads.
- BUILT IN THE U.S.A. The Pioneer 1000 is purpose-built for the American market, right in America. Domestically and globally sourced parts are all assembled at our plant in Timmonsville, South Carolina, and once these side-by-sides roll off the line, they’re ready to explore every corner of the country.
- 2000-POUND TOWING CAPACITY Call it 2000 pounds, or call it 1 ton. Ether way, the towing capacity of the Pioneer 1000 is unsurpassed by any competitor. So instead of hopping on the tractor or taking out the truck, you can stay right in your side-by-side and tackle those bigger jobs with relative ease.
- HILL START ASSIST (NEW) Need to stop on a steep uphill? Honda’s new Hill Start Assist automatically holds the Pioneer 1000 LE in position while you move your foot from the brake pedal to the accelerator—there’s no roll-back drama.
Handling and Control
- PADDLE SHIFTING Steering column-mounted paddle shifters add a serious dose of performance in every drive. In Manual mode, they let you shift without ever taking your hands off the wheel, and in Automatic mode, they let you override the current gear with a quick up or downshift, holding that gear for several seconds before returning to Automatic mode.
- INDEPENDENT FRONT AND REAR SUSPENSION Dual A-arm suspension gives you 10.5 inches of travel in the front, and 10-inches of travel in the rear. Pair that with stellar ground clearance, and you maximize available traction and superior comfort maneuvering over terrain other side-by-sides would shy away from.
- TURF/2WD/4WD/DIFF LOCK Don’t tear up sensitive surfaces. Select Turf Mode. Want to access as much traction as possible? Put it in 4WD. Need maximum power at all four wheels? Lock the front and rear differentials. And the best part is, you can do it all with a shift of a single lever.
- ELECTRIC POWER STEERING Our Electric Power Steering system helps eliminate bump steer through rocky and rutted terrain, which reduces fatigue. What makes it even better is the added assist you get when you need it most, like when you’re in 4WD, driving at lower speeds, or maneuvering over rough conditions. Available on Pioneer 1000-5, Pioneer 1000 EPS, and Pioneer 1000 Limited Edition models.
- BIGGER TIRES Practically speaking, the 27-inch tires on 12-inch rims help increase ground clearance, improve ride comfort, and deliver better traction. Realistically speaking, they just look great. And on the DLX model, you get Maxxis Bighorn 2.0 tires with radial construction and premium style.
- ADVANCED TRANSMISSION LOGIC The brain of the DCT, Advanced Transmission Logic, senses how you drive and adapts. Relaxed drivers get earlier shifts for a quieter ride at lower engine speeds. Sportier drivers will hold each gear longer for higher RPM shifts. And when going downhill, you get true engine braking. Now that’s a smart transmission.
- ELECTRONIC BRAKEFORCE DISTRIBUTION (NEW) Heading down a hill? Is the bed loaded or empty? Honda’s new Electronic Brakeforce Distribution automatically proportions the force to the front and rear brakes with changing conditions—all you do is press the brake pedal. (Standard on all Pioneer 1000 LE models.)
- ENGINE AIR INTAKE To get the most out of your engine, you need the best air going into it. That’s why we positioned the air intake up high under the hood. It helps ensure a clean air supply, even at deeper fording depths, and with a new viscous air filter element, you get increased performance and longer service intervals.
- QUICKFLIP® SEATING Want to bring an extra one or two passengers along for the ride? Two QuickFlip® seats pop up from the cargo bed on Pioneer 1000-5, giving you the extra seating you need, when you need it. Exclusive to Honda, it’s a smarter system than fixed seat, multi-row models, giving you better maneuverability on the trails.
- 1000-POUND-CAPACITY TILT BED There are a ton of reasons to buy a Pioneer 1000. Among them: the half-ton hauling capacity*. No side-by-side can haul more, and when it comes to dumping, we’ve made it easier than ever, with a hydraulic assist tilt bed lever that can be accessed from outside the vehicle, or right from the driver’s seat. *600 pound bed capacity for CA models
- COLOR-MATCH DOOR AND BEDSIDE PANELS Want to change the color of your Pioneer when hunting season rolls around? No problem. Our door and bedside panels can be easily swapped out for a different color scheme if and when you need it. This feature comes in particularly handy in case a panel sustains any damage on the job or trail. Available on Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe and Pioneer 1000 EPS model.
- 3-PERSON CONTOURED BENCH SEAT Tough, durable and built to enhance every driving experience — yes, we’re talking about the seat. Contoured for three passengers, the center seat is positioned up and forward to maximize space and comfort, and the covering is designed to resist both the elements and heavy use.
- LCD DISPLAY The multi-function LCD dash display is large enough to host loads of information, in an easy-to-read way, like speed and fuel level. RPM and transmission mode. Fuel gauge, water temperature, trip information and more. It even includes a clock, so you’ll always know when it’s time for some fun.
- TILT WHEEL With a tilt steering wheel, you’re ensured an even more comfortable driving experience. We’ve given the wheel a wide range of adjustments for optimum customization, and it even moves very far forward to allow for easy entry and exit. Available on Pioneer 1000-5’s and Pioneer 1000 EPS model.
- CHASSIS REFINEMENTS Some of the most impressive Pioneer 1000 features are those you’ll never see. In addition to the suspension and ground clearance, we rubber-mounted the engine and exhaust system to insulate the cabin against excessive vibration. So while you may not see this feature, it’s one you will definitely notice.
- SELF-LOAD LEVELING REAR SUSPENSION Even when you push your Pioneer 1000-5 to the limits, you compromise nothing. Just take the load-leveling suspension with cargo, passengers or both piled into the back — the rear suspension automatically adjusts to the weight change. So you maintain ground clearance, comfort and handling, without compromises.
- FOUR-WHEEL DISC BRAKES The Pioneer’s uncompromising power helps take you further than ever before. The reliable disc brakes help you stop on a dime. Built to the same standard as you’d find in our autos, the four-wheel disc brakes minimize debris from building up, ensuring consistent performance, and giving you confidence on the trail.
- DRIVER/PASSENGER PROTECTION The Occupant Protection Structure uses large-diameter tubing, and meets OSHA’s rollover protection standard. The hard doors and roll-up side nets help keep debris from entering the cabin, and auto-style three-point seatbelts are equipped with an emergency locking retractor mechanism, to help optimize passenger security. When you put this much safety first, fun is sure to follow.
All inventory listed is subject to availability and prior sale. Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) if shown for a vehicle excludes set-up, freight, taxes, title, licensing or other dealer charges, and is subject to change. Individual prices may vary. Please request a quote for specific pricing.
Site Currently Offline...
This site is currently offline, please contact the site's administrator.