The championship-caliber 2017 Suzuki RM-Z250 has been carefully developed to deliver a high level of performance by incorporating a variety of features originally created for Suzuki’s factory race bikes. The competition-proven Suzuki Holeshot Assist Control (S-HAC) gives riders the best shot at grabbing the holeshot on a wide variety of track conditions, and the specialized KYB PSF2 Pneumatic Spring fork provides both easy adjustability and outstanding action to give the RM-Z250 more precise handling than ever. The remarkable KYB rear shock and the well-sorted aluminum twin-spar frame ensure the razor-sharp handling Suzuki’s are famous for.
Champions choose Suzuki and Suzuki supports future champions! Suzuki’s Amateur Racing Support is top notch, offering over $3.8 million in contingency, trackside support, and the opportunity to train with Ricky Carmichael at Suzuki’s exclusive Camp Carmichael. Want to see why champions choose Suzuki? Visit racesuzuki.com for more information on Suzuki’s Amateur Support Program and join Team Suzuki!
- Suzuki Holeshot Assist Control (S-HAC) is a selectable launch mode system derived straight from factory race bike. S-HAC helps the rider’s takeoff from the starting gate for an early lead. There are three modes riders can choose for the best option per their skill level and starting conditions
- A-Mode: For hard surfaces or slippery conditions at the starting gate. In this mode, S-HAC alters ignition timing at the moment of launch and the ride over the gate to reduce wheel slip to deliver a smooth take off. It also advances ignition timing during this sequence for stronger acceleration. The ignition will return to normal operation 6 seconds after the start, or when you shift into fourth gear; or when the throttle is closed (whichever happens first)
- B-Mode: When conditions at the starting gate have better traction, and a more aggressive launch is desired. S-HAC will advance the ignition timing to allow increased throttle response and stronger acceleration off the line. The ignition timing alternation is in a similar sequence as Mode A, but with increased overall timing. The ignition will return to normal operation 6 seconds after the start, or when you shift into fourth gear; or when the throttle is closed (whichever happens first)
- Base Mode: Standard power launch, no action required on the S-HAC switch.
- There are three stages to A-Mode and B-Mode of the S-HAC system. This helps riders at the moment of launch, when crossing the gate, and through acceleration to the full-speed.
- Advanced design KYB PSF2 Pneumatic Spring front fork uses air chambers in place of steel springs for light weight, easy adjustability, improved damper performance and smooth action from low friction. Riders can adjust both air forks with one balanced air pressure setting from a hand-pump. Compression damping is adjustable while rebound damping force is both high- and low-speed adjustable
- Innovative KYB rear shock absorber is connected link style to the swingarm via re-shaped cushion rods and spacers. The nitrogen-charged, piggyback style shock features a new top-mounted integral adjuster system for easy adjustment of the high- and low-speed rebound, and high- and low-speed compression damping force adjusters. Spring preload can be precisely tuned via a threaded collar on the main shock body
- The RM-Z250’s engine has heightened mid-range power and torque while maximum power is maintained. Power delivery is smoother and linear for easier control.
- Specially designed piston, piston pin & rings improve durability and ring-sealing
- Crankshaft and magneto mass are balanced to reduce engine braking losses
- EFI throttle valve angle also reduces engine braking losses
- Camshafts and intake valves design widens engine performance
- Effective decompression system improves starting
- Kick drive gear, breather gear & kick idle gear ratios also aid starting
- Unlike some competitor’s motorcycles, a hot-start lever system is not required
- Slippery cam chain tensioner and precise adjuster reduce valve train friction
- Crankcase passages are designed for increased lubrication
- Clutch cover with oil level window eases maintenance checks
- Long head pipe enhances low-to-mid range power
- Lightweight muffler meets AMA sound standards
- Compared to the prior generation RM-Z250, the main frame is reduced in weight 2.5% while chassis rigidity has been optimized for improved cornering performance
- Light weight front brake caliper has low mass while still providing outstanding stopping force
- Dunlop MX52 series tires are used featuring CTCS (Carcass Tension Control System) technology for superb rigidity and high level of grip
- 249cc 4-stroke liquid-cooled DOHC 4-valve fuel-injected engine delivers remarkably smooth and controlled idle-to-redline performance
- The compact aluminum cylinder is finished with Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material (SCEM) coating for durability, light weight and efficient heat transfer
- Designed for motocross-use, the lightweight, battery-less, electronic fuel injection system with progressive throttle linkage delivers efficient power. A 12-hole fuel injector sprays a fine fuel/air mist for efficient combustion
- For quick fuel adjustments to suit riding conditions, two couplers are provided. One is for rich and another for lean fuel setting compared to stock setting. Riders can change fuel settings in seconds by simply connecting either coupler to the wire harness
- Cooling performance is efficient with balanced flow between the left and right radiators, and a high capacity coolant pump
- Well-designed 5-speed transmission enables precise gear shift operation. The gear selection feel and accuracy is the result of a refined shift cam and shift lever. Specialized machining processes ensure the precision of the matching gears
- Slim chassis design creates a trim riding position, allowing the rider to actively take control of the machine
- Aluminum fuel tank provides sound foundation and cooling for the internal EFI fuel pump. Fuel capacity is 6.5L (1.7 US gal.)
- Race-inspired waved disc rotors are mounted to black-anodized EXCEL aluminum rims with stainless steel spokes
- New black anodized Excel aluminum rims are made specifically to withstand rugged racing environments, including Supercross, Motocross and off-road conditions
- Front upper and lower fork clamps are anodized black, complementing the gold fork leg finish
- The standard Renthal Fatbar is stronger and reduces vibration more than conventional aluminum handlebars
- Champion Yellow bodywork (including new yellow rear fender) with race team-inspired graphics package
- New color gripper seat, with projected cross-shaped patterns on the yellow top surface, aids rider control
All inventory listed is subject to availability and prior sale. Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) if shown for a vehicle excludes set-up, freight, taxes, title, licensing or other dealer charges, and is subject to change. Individual prices may vary. Please request a quote for specific pricing.
Site Currently Offline...
This site is currently offline, please contact the site's administrator.