Suzuki's SuperMoto DR-Z400SM is based on the proven DR-Z400S so it combines Supermotard style and features in a narrow, lightweight street-legal package. This bike brings off-road soul and fun to paved roads. It’s not uncommon to take the SuperMoto down a twisty forest road, around tight canyon corners, or glide through commuter traffic. Its 398cc liquid-cooled, four-stroke engine provides strong low-rpm torque and crisp throttle response for any of these occasions. Key difference between the DR-Z400SM and the DR-Z400S are the inverted front fork, wide, spoke-style wheels, and 300mm diameter front brake disc. The inverted fork contributes to less unsprung weight and improved overall handling, while the large brake and wider rims with high-grip tires offer an exhilarating sportbike experience.
- Lightweight 398cc, DOHC, liquid-cooled, dry-sump engine produces strong, tractable power
- Compact 4-valve cylinder head with 36mm intake valves, 29mm exhaust valves, narrow 28-degree included valve angle and shim-under-bucket valve adjustment system
- Simple electric starting via a lightweight starter motor with an automatic mechanical decompression system
- SCEM-plated cylinder (nickel-silicon-phosphorous) is lighter and more durable than an iron liner with excellent heat transfer properties
- Forged aluminum piston is 10 percent lighter than a cast piston and receives additional oil-cooling to the piston crown through a crankcase oil jet
- Smooth throttle response with a Mikuni™ 36mm carburetor fed by 6-liter air box. The left side cover has quick-release fasteners for easy access to the air filter
- Thermostatically controlled cooling fan mounted to the left radiator helps maintain consistent operating temperature in traffic
- Additional weight savings with magnesium valve cover, clutch cover, and magneto cover
- Compact 5-speed transmission utilizes a cable-operated clutch with separate outer cover for simplified clutch maintenance
- Low-maintenance, long-life sealed O-ring type drive chain produces minimal sounds when riding
- Wide, blue-anodized RK Excel aluminum rims with stainless steel spokes are fitted with high-grip sportbike radial tires: 120/70-R17 front & 140/70-R17 rear
- Strong braking performance is supplied by a front disc brake with a large 300mm floating-type rotor and dual-piston caliper, plus a 240mm rear disc brake with single-piston caliper
- Long travel, SHOWA inverted front fork is derived from a RM250 and features adjustable compression/rebound damping and alumite coating on inner tube surfaces for smooth action
- A fully adjustable rear shock absorber with high/low speed compression damping adjuster and a tapered RM-inspired aluminum swingarm combine for precise rear wheel control
- Renthal tapered aluminum handlebar has an aggressive look, reduces vibration and has a great bend for spirited riding
- Chrome-moly steel frame tuned for Supermoto style riding is torsionally strong with minimal weight. The backbone tube, front down tube, and steering head gussets form the dry-sump engine oil tank
- A bolt-on aluminum sub-frame helps reduce weight, simplify maintenance and contributes to the trim rear fender appearance
- Front and rear axle sliders help protect against damage in the case of a tip-over
- Compact digital instrument cluster with speedometer, odometer, and twin-trip meters with addition/subtraction capability, clock and stopwatch functions
- On-road legal lighting with bright 60/55 watt halogen headlight, compact tail/stoplight, lightweight, rubber-mounted turn signals and horn
- Electrical systems, including the easy push button starter, powered by a compact 6.5 amp maintenance-free battery
All inventory listed is subject to availability and prior sale. Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) if shown for a vehicle excludes set-up, freight, taxes, title, licensing or other dealer charges, and is subject to change. Individual prices may vary. Please request a quote for specific pricing.
Site Currently Offline...
This site is currently offline, please contact the site's administrator.